Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday Night Quick Fix


So I just finished a workout and was really hungry but didn't want to cook and I didn't want leftovers. (I must take after my dad right now!) This is why I came up with the idea for my business of being a personal chef for athletes.

This is what I threw together with what I had in the fridge and pantry. Its really good, so I'm publishing it here.

Seared Mushrooms with Spinach
Serves 1
Portobello Mushrooms
Oyster Mushroom about 1 cup of each mushroom diced in big chunks
1 T butter or Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, left whole
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
large handful baby spinach
salt and pepper
1 cup quinoa, cooked

Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat until nice and hot.
Add butter/oil and garlic clove and paprika. Wait for butter to foam and bubble.
add mushrooms....don't move anything for at least 2-3 minutes, season with salt and pepper. then shake pan to toss mushrooms. Sear another 2-3 minutes, shake pan again.
Add baby spinach and wilt. Mix everything together and serve over heated quinoa.

This is why you need a well stocked pantry. Smoked paprika was hard for me to find, but now I have it, I use it with potato salad and mushrooms. it adds such a unique depth of flavor to the food.

I wish I had more mushrooms. I would make another batch! That was tasty!
Enjoy!

1 comment: