Monday, January 25, 2010

Baked "Sketti"

Baked Spaghetti

I learned that this was my grandmothers recipe but I always associated it with my mom and her cooking. Its so simple, not fancy but is comfort food for me. Enjoy!

This isnt really a recipe as she always just threw everything together. So experiment a little if you want.

serves 4-6

8 strips bacon, cut into pieces
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 can Campbells Tomato Soup
8-10 oz. spaghetti

Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
While spaghetti is cooking, brown bacon in a pan until crispy.
Remove bacon to paper towels to drain. clean out pan, reserving 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon bacon fat to cook onions. (depending on how much you love bacon fat)
Cook onions in bacon fat.
Drain spaghetti when its done cooking.
Mix all together in a casserole dish.
Bake in a 350 oven for 30-45 minutes. depending on how crispy you want it. I like it crispy! Everything is cooked, so it may not even take 30 minutes depending on the dish you put it in. A low flat dish will have more surface area and dry out more than a deeper dish. (duh)

I serve this with an arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette. the clean peppery arugula balances out the salt of the bacon and sweetness of the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment